DIGITAL REPUBLIC is an association of Internet users, authors, IT specialists, and lawyers. Our mission is to advocate for the rights of internet users and to defend free access to information. We aim to ask questions, identify challenges and seek answers, to support the development of technology for the benefit of knowledge, and to participate in these processes for the benefit of as many members of society as possible.
VISION AND MISSION
VISION: Bulgaria is a world leader in the application of digital technologies in everyday life. The country often given as a successful example for development and is invited to share expertise. Technology is used not as an end in itself, but contributes to better social and economic opportunities for all citizens.
MISSION: Our current mission is to digitize education, cultural heritage, and entrepreneurship in Bulgaria in a way that upholds civil and human rights.
DIGITAL REPUBLIC is a non-government organisation carrying out activities for the public benefit, with the following main objectives:
- Development of civil society and democratic values
- Promoting democratic access to information and education
- Protecting the rights of Internet users
- Promoting a level playing field on the Internet and new technologies for all participants
- Supporting the development of decentralized networks and systems
- Supporting startups, small and medium-sized enterprises
- Supporting independent artists, creative collectives, and initiatives